I’ve been nominated for a few awards over the past couple of weeks and am so grateful. I am going to do them over a few posts throughout this month.
I find these blog awards really quite invaluable in the world of blogging. I think it’s a lovely way of letting others know you enjoy their blogs, but also to link to other bloggers and help encourage readers to visit the blogs I find amazing!
Caffe Maggieato was super kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster award! Thank you very much 😀 Check out her blog for more amazing posts!
Rules (Following Caffe Maggieato’s modified ones):
-Each nominee should link back to the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate 5-11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 400 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
1. Which fictional character do you most identify with and why?
Wow, toughie! There are so many characters I feel I identify with, but I guess Mary Bennett, from Pride and Prejudice. Kinda weird, I know! 😀 But I feel for her, and understand her. She’s just trying to get by in life in a role that suits her, but maybe wants a bit more. She’s not the pretty one, or the fun one, she’s just her and she can’t help that and she doesn’t really have the capacity to change it.
2. In another life, what would you be doing, if not writing?
Gardening, probably. I love gardening, and I did want to start my own business in it, but unfortunately didn’t have the money. I’m kind of glad now though, because I think working at gardening would have made me too tired and burnt out to enjoy my own garden after looking after other people’s! 😀
3. Would you rather have a slow painful death by terminal disease or a quick death by accident?
Definitely quick death by accident.
4. Your books are a big hit. Would you rather see it as a: (pick one only) movie, TV series, computer game, or a Broadway show? Why?
Ooohhh, probably a movie, though I wouldn‘t mind Bioware changing it to a game. My books are not series of books, and suit a more defined story in one go. I also tend to try and see my book playing as a movie in my head as I write, so I’d already know how I wanted it to be!
5. Admit it, you already have a dream cast in mind. Who are they?
Hm, what a great question, lots of fun 😀
So for my second novella:
– King Warrick- Bryan Greenberg (Though this guy would be in every one of my movie adaptations somewhere because, well, he’s gorgeous! :D)
– Queen Marie- Bryce Dallas-Howard
– The Jester- Jonathan Rhys-Meyers
6. Any part(s) in your manuscript(s) you’ve been embarrassed to let your family/friends read?
This second novella has some rather steamy moments in it. I wasn’t embarrassed about it because it was nothing explicit, I was just worried it might read a bit awkward as writing that kind of thing isn’t my forte.
7. Was there ever a book you just couldn’t finish? Why not?
‘Odalisque’ by Fiona Mcintosh. I really tried. There was nothing essentially wrong with it, I guess it just didn’t suit me at all.
8. What is the one thing you would never, ever let your characters do?
Harm animals, I don’t like it, I wouldn’t write it.
9. What do you think is the most underrated book/movie?
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice with Nicholas Cage. It was a great movie, funny and family-fun, not sure why people didn’t enjoy it more 😀
10. Do you prefer happy endings or tragic ones? Why?
Happy endings. I need them. I can’t struggle through an entire book/movie and be with the characters through ups and downs only for it to end badly. I realise that most of the time, that is reality, that things don’t end well. But I don’t read books or watch movies for reality, I do that to escape to a place where things will turn out right and give me a warm, fuzzy feeling 😀
So, now onto nominees. I hope you find some new blogs to read and enjoy!
– Brennan Reid
– Shehanne Moore
– Daydreaming in Words
– Darla G. Denton
And my questions for them (if they want to participate) are:
1. Who is your favourite author and why?
2. Do you have a favourite type of character?
3. Is there a part of writing that you struggle with and want to improve?
4. Apart from writing, what are you most passionate about?
5. Favourite colour? 😀
6. Are you currently working on anything? e.g. Novel, novella, short story, poem, etc.
7. Do you remember your favourite childhood book?
8. Have you ever cried over a book? If so, which one?
9. Your favourite song of the moment?
10. Is there anything you do particularly to get inspiration for writing?
Well, there you go! If you fancy answering the questions anyway, please do so either in the comments or on a post of your own and link back 🙂 I always love to learn more about fellow bloggers and writers!
Status of Second Manuscript: 2 our of 3 copies back from proof-readers.
March E-Book Review: Choosing book. I’m thinking a proper romance this time! 😀