Books and Reading Wednesday postponed until Friday, because I am currently writing it! 😀
So, September already!
Actually this month felt rather normal compared to the others which have whipped by! It was still a busy month, but a bit more manageable at least.
Now a round up of August:
– Kept to schedule even though I completely skipped a week of writing.
– Posted every scheduled day.
– Started posting scheduled posts on a weekend.
– Got some great reviews for my books, including my newest, Prophecy of Stones.
– Connected regularly with other bloggers, who I have to say are some amazing, talented, and very supportive people!
– Found the ‘Home’ button on Facebook! 😀 Meaning I can share other authors links more effectively.
– Read 5 books (1 over target, oh yeah!)- Scandal of the Season by Sophie Gee, In Search of a Love Story by Rachel Schurig, Sins of the Father by Melissa Barker-Simpson, The Unraveling of Lady Fury by Shehanne Moore, The Camelot Code by Sam Christer
– Started my Books and Reading Wednesday posts!
– Managed to write a couple of short pieces.
– Had an amazing interview done with DKC
– Didn’t do well on marketing 😦
I really am going to have to market better and in an imaginative way!
I have hardly done any marketing and seeing as I am trying to make this my career I am just going to have suck it up and get to it 😀
I’m still tempted by trying my hand at drawing, which I took back up this month after having a break. I did a couple of fan art pieces (sorry about quality, my scanner hates me so I took pics with camera):
Would illustrations of scenes from a book be the type of thing that might get you interested in it? Any idea for other forms of imaginative marketing?
Anyway, moving onto September.
1st-5th- Self edits of manuscript/ Hopefully come up with a title!
6th-14th- Vacation! Woohoo! 😀
6-21st- Off to the readers/Work on cover/ Work on blurb/ Create interest in my other books (aka. The dreaded marketing!).
17th- Mid-September Book Review.
22nd-29th- Final edits and read out/ Finish formatting/Drum up interest!
24th- End of September Indie Book Review.
30th- Release day!
Wow, that was a bit confusing 😀
– Read 4 books (which I should hit as I plan to read A LOT on my vacation).
– Do some actual marketing instead of grumbling about doing it 😀
– Continue to actively support others and find new inventive ways of doing so.
– Write short and prompted pieces on regular basis.
Some other stuff that went on this month:
Elaine Jeremiah released her latest book, Reunion of the Heart!
The Amazing Winter (which should be her title with the amount she manages to accomplish!) got signed twice!
I won a copy of A Gift of Wings by Stephanie Stamm on the blog of L.Marie!
Blimey, that was a lot longer post than I meant it to be! Should be an exciting month 😀
How was your August? Have you got much going on in September?
Status of fifth manuscript: Editing first draft.
Books read: 1/4
Mid-September Book Review: Read, need to write review.